At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 250 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The Event Specialist supports the Global Content & Programming team in delivering exceptional experiences designed to amplify and advance HIMSS’ impact and mission. The primary purpose of this position is to provide event-related support for HIMSS in-person and virtual events within a team environment as assigned by the Senior Manager, Events.
- Serves as main point of contact for speakers, from initial confirmation, prep call coordination, and presentation collection to onsite support and honorariums
- Maintains all speaker (contact information, bio, headshot, etc.) and session (title, abstract, scheduling information) assets for upload into Events Air
- Serves as a liaison between Events and Sales to support sponsorship opportunities that include a speaking component
- Reconciles onsite registration information with Sponsorship, Customer Service, and Marketing
- Supports Event Lead on day-to-day registration management and operations, including responding to questions and resolving concerns regarding registration using pre-established guidelines
- Coordinate the overall attendee and exhibit services survey
- Plan and coordinate food and beverage orders for all internal meetings.
- Maintain and manage HIMSS global events calendar and a list of competitive events
- Coordinate website management with internal stakeholders
- Support Global Content & Programming team with administrative duties as needed, including scheduling internal and external conference calls, preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Complete all tasks and projects as assigned and ensure timely delivery based on deadlines
- On-site support and travel required approximately three times a year
- All duties as assigned to achieve HIMSS goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.