At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The Manager of Government Relations is a key member of the Government Relations team, representing the interest of HIMSS and meeting the needs of its members. The individual contributor will ensure consistent visibility of HIMSS by building relationships across all levels of US government, and developing strategic partnerships with key industry stakeholders around health information and technology policy. In coordination with the Director, the position will be responsible for advancing legislative and regulatory priorities, including representing HIMSS on Capitol Hill and at U.S. federal agencies. Additionally, the role is responsible for facilitating all aspects of relationship management and engagement for a broad portfolio of Congressional offices and committees, U.S. federal agencies, and state governments (where applicable). The position will also be responsible for working with others on the Government Relations team in building and growing health information and technology policy related relationships outside of the United States.
- Serve as primary representative, in collaboration with Director and other GR team members, for engagement with Congressional staff and U.S federal agency staff on HIMSS public policy priorities in portfolio utilizing HIMSS resources and subject matter experts. Manage all aspects of Congressional and federal contacts including meeting requests, materials, and follow-up.
- Support managing HIMSS Capitol Hill engagement by tracking assigned House and Senate office and committee activities (hearings, mark-ups, white papers, etc.) and legislative developments related to assigned health information and technology issue areas. Develop summaries for internal and external audiences (health information and technology policy update articles) and identify follow-up opportunities.
- Lead the development and implementation of grassroots legislative and regulatory advocacy campaigns in support of key HIMSS public policy priorities leveraging Legislative Action Center platform.
- Orchestrate Congressional engagement, including securing staff travel approval through House and Senate Ethics Committees, leading up to and during HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition and other relevant HIMSS events throughout the year.
- Support the building and growing of strategic relationships outside the United States including but not limited to: governments, multi-national organizations, NGOs, and health information and technology stakeholders.
- Serve as the HIMSS GR staff liaison to internal and external coalitions, committees, task forces, and work groups within portfolio, and identify new opportunities to advance HIMSS public policy priorities and thought leadership.
- Produce written and visual content and other deliverables such as news items, resource documents, and policy updates to HIMSS membership in support of GR initiatives
- Support the regular development and maintenance of the HIMSS Public Policy Principles and associated content for such policy pillars and foundational goals.