At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The Strategy Lead provides support for strategic planning and operational execution to translate the Product function’s vision, , and objectives into action. This role leads the processes of business strategy development, process design and refinement, driving the execution of priority initiatives, and coordinating the ongoing governance process. The Strategy Lead plays a crucial role in identifying growth opportunities to enhance our competitive positioning, analyzing market trends, and driving the company's strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate requires an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, strong critical thinking skills, and a collaborative team-first orientation, given our business's evolving nature, complexity, and rapid growth.
- Leads stakeholders through processes to formulate critical product function business strategy, including the strategic and annual planning processes, scoping and substantiating new initiatives, process implementation, and change management initiatives.
- Leads the governance process to track and analyze Product function performance against key performance indicators and progress toward the achievement of business objectives.
- Continuously track and report on the progress of ongoing strategic projects, providing actionable insights for continuous improvement.
- Prepare comprehensive business cases for proposed strategic initiatives, presenting well-structured analyses, financial models, and risk assessments to support decision-making processes.
- Conduct market analysis to understand competitive position and model market potential for new growth opportunities
- Prepare visually appealing presentations to concisely articulate business strategy and metrics for leadership and executive stakeholder audiences.
- Lead key strategic initiatives and cross functional teams, including project planning, meeting coordination, facilitating business requirements definition, status reporting, and stakeholder communication.
- Analyzes information and creates visualizations using analysis tools such as workflows, flow charts, and Gantt charts to establish context and create shared understanding of the information.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with stakeholders to develop solutions to key business objectives.
- Facilitate change management planning and activities to ensure successful implementation of initiatives that support the Product function business plan.
- Partner with HIMSS functional teams to design and implement processes and tools that support the Product function strategic objectives, including Finance, IT, Human Resources, and Marketing.
- All duties as assigned to achieve HIMSS goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
Internal Relationships – Has contact with:
- Product function leaders
- Counterparts and leaders in other HIMSS functions, including Finance, IT, Marketing, and Human Resources.
External Relationships – Has contact with:
- Clients, advisors, 3rd party vendors, and partners