At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
This position directs and leads successful content and programming, in a 365 day journey and holistic view, both financially and programmatically. Provides exemplary supervision and guidance to staff direct reports resulting in a cohesive group committed to, and with the competency to, achieve annual and long-term goals.
The Sr. Director, Global Content and Programming, will work with other business units across the organization to develop relevant, timely and impactful event programs and a content library to include, but not limited to, stand-alone role-based events, international HIMSS Conference invitation-curated and sponsorship-developed content as well as other new programs as the portfolio grows.
The Sr. Director, Global Content & Programming will proactively use their experience and competencies in health information and technology (acquired through a combination of employment and/or education), content development knowledge and understanding and team leadership to ensure HIMSS products are thought provoking and leading edge. The successful candidate will actively engage in continuous process improvement, measurable evaluation of all programs, and the implementation of changes to assure a quality outcome of those programs.
This position assumes financial and customer satisfaction responsibility by working with the Chief Product Officer to ensure a strong financial position of programs, accountability across the strategic business unit and beyond, and project management competencies, design thinking competencies (or similar tools), either directly or indirectly, by making day-to-day decisions necessary to achieve the approved strategic and tactical activities for this area within the budget guidelines.
- Drive and document HIMSS global content and programming strategy.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis that ensures programming strategy aligns to target market needs and HIMSS goals.
- Understand and have command of the competitive landscape, leveraging competitive insight to adjust programming decisions.
- Establishes collaborative relationships within HIMSS and facilitates organizational collaborations for educational purposes.
- Provides oversight and execution when developing program content for the health information and technology community.
- Identifies opportunities for the development of new programs that support the mission and vision of HIMSS.
- Research content topics and uses content expertise to align event programming with industry trends, shifts and audience needs.
- Along with Lead/Producers, develop and facilitate program advisory boards to help drive the direction of the event program and/or global programming strategy
- Provides guidance to subject matter experts, content developers and content editors related to topic selection, content planning, instructional design, development and implementation of educational activities.
- Responsible for Speaker Bureau management: coordination and facilitation of speakers at all levels of programming and engages credibly with them in the development of their content.
- Create new products, special programs, content formats, or influence/guide revenue-generating teams to impact P&L performance and ensure achievement of revenue and contribution goals.
- Facilitates partnership and communication with Informa Markets leadership to ensure content and programs are aligned for a successful and impactful global conference.
- Provide marketing and brand positioning for portfolio, providing guidance and strategy to marketing colleagues continually in product lifecycle.
- Works with Media, Marketing, Communications, Social Media and Web to ensure effective program promotion; and manages the development and completion of program elements within related time lines.
- Directs and measures the progress of programs, to accomplish goals and objectives as defined in the strategic plan and budget.
- Delegates tasks and provides direction to staff to ensure effective and timely completion of responsibilities. Establishes goals for team reports, mentors and supports their growth in professional competency, and evaluates their performance within HIMSS Human Resource guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees reporting to them directly or indirectly understand the importance of complying with the internal control objectives of the organization.
- Provide ongoing insight on the programming progress to key executive stakeholders
- Personnel management for Content Producers and Programming Leads, Event Logistic Lead, and Operations Coordinator
- All duties as assigned to achieve HIMSS goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Has contact with Media, Marketing, Communications, Web Services, IT, Products, and the Executive Leadership Team
- Has contact with speakers, partners, market suppliers and other collaborators