At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
This position is responsible for evolving the Total Rewards strategy that supports the growth and business needs of the organization. Working closely with function leaders and the Chief Administration Officer, this position will ensure that all functions of Total Rewards is compliant, scalable, reliable and reflects Company values.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs. Support overseeing the executive benefit plans.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information.
- Lead the annual open enrollment period including coordinating meetings, carrier and vendor updates, website and communication plan.
- Partner with leadership to develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans. Install approved changes by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees.
- Serves as Plan Administrator for the organizations 401(k) Plan. Manages annual audit and filing requirements. Reviews and approves team members’ disbursements and loan requests. Verifies timely submission and accuracy of team member 401 (k) payroll contributions an employer match deposits with plan.
- Oversees all leave administration. This includes working with the TPA to ensure employee questions are answered, leave time is tracked, notices are sent, and payroll and disability pay processing is completed.
- Manages and administers the ADA and Workers Compensation programs.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Affordable Care Act, and other regulatory governances.
- Provides oversight, strategic direction, and administration of base pay and annual incentive plan, and other incentive programs including communication plan from the organization and managers.
- Oversees the organization’s salary administration program based on the defined career levels. Ensures benchmark analysis and salary surveys are conducted to obtain external market data. Conduct internal review of FLSA and career level. Approve recruitment offers and guide leaders on career mobility decisions.
- Collaborate with leadership on compensation program design, analysis, and implementation / maintenance of the career framework.
- Develop and document procedures to streamline compensation processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a liaison with Finance and Accounting areas to the accuracy and completeness of financial recording and payments.
- Maintains data quality of ADP, including proper data security, by performing regular data audits and resolving any data integrity issues.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Using data to recommend process improvements and innovative solutions.
- Create and maintain quarterly and annual HR dashboard using qualitative and quantitative data to tell employees stories and make recommendations to guide business decisions.
- Perform system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of HR system(s) upgrades. Document process and results.
- Provide HR guidance to leaders related to the Total Rewards functions, including local or regional support outside the US.
- Partner with the payroll team to process biweekly US payroll and monthly payrolls outside the US.
Compliance & Data Governance
- Lead the compliance governance for the HR team. Maintain annual compliance calendar and orchestrate team and data to meet reporting requirements.
- Oversee government reporting such as EEO-1, Vets, and Affirmative Action
- Oversee maintaining the ADP time-off policies in ADP and respond to first-level inquiries from managers and employees, as time permits.
- Create and maintain personnel files including the proper completion of Form I-9
- Research new legislative laws and provide guidance on obtain. If needed, lead project for implementing change including communication to staff.
- Special Projects
- Provide ongoing project support to the HR department in effort to achieve our overall changemaker culture.
- Other duties as assigned.