At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
Your Challenge: The position assists with processing and recording the US bi-weekly payroll through ADP including recording data, maintaining files. Maintains accurate staff records in ADP, and deals with ad hoc payroll tax projects as they arise. Interacts with HR & tax authorities, and performs various other tasks directly related to the payroll function. In addition, this position assists with the accurate recording, processing and guidance around staff expenses & travel.
The things that you will tackle:
- Assist processing bi-weekly payroll through outsourced vendor pursuant to established standards, regulations, and within designated timelines. This includes interfacing with Human Resources regarding changes or edits to information, and ensuring changes are appropriately reflected in the payroll system.
- Support staff in reviewing and approving addresses and associated tax forms and direct deposit changes.
- Assist review of payroll reports for accuracy and ensure appropriate general ledger recording.
- Perform basic reconciliation and auditing process during each pay cycle.
- Research and resolve errors or omissions.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures for payroll, as well as federal, state and local tax changes. Elevate any instances of apparent non-compliance and work with team on resolution.
- Assist with the accurate recording, processing of staff expenses – approve expenses, review accounting & profit center coding, travel policy compliance, and run bi-weekly expense report for payroll.
- Concur – responsible for accounting coding of travel reports from corporate credit cards.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries related to payroll, expense and travel and customer service requests/tickets within designated timelines.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external customers; meeting or exceeding the Finance Department’s established customer service levels.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of the payroll process and all related records and documents.