The primary purpose of this position is to provide logistics management for HIMSS APAC events including related expense and resource. Logistic management will include project planning of all logistical aspects of meetings, including high-level of focus on venue specifications, production, and hotel contract management. This person will facilitate management and interaction of HIMSS staff, volunteers, partners and ministries, market suppliers and third-party vendors to ensure successful events. Reports to the Program Manager and liaises with their US counterparts.
- Support overseeing the logistics on a variety of APAC events including both onsite/ virtual events and exhibition management of clients and vendors.
- Represent HIMSS as the liaison between external organisations (partners) and vendors on these events.
- Supports budget activities related to logistics for all areas of responsibilities including expense allocation/coding and revenue management.
- Research, evaluate and recommend venues and vendors for APAC conferences. Responsible for contract procurement with vendors for APAC conferences including convention centers, registration providers and hotels in accordance with HIMSS best practices.
- Responsibilities for virtual summits includes procurement of platform and broadcast suppliers, design and layout, user experience, market supplier engagement and liaising with the team for any other requirements
- Collaborate with host cities, convention bureaus and Ministries on licensing and tenders to enhance bottom line revenue and maximize audience development.
- Coordinate hotel and travel of staff, speakers and HIMSS APAC Advisory members including contracting, room block management, liaising with travel agency and historical tracking.
- Serve as support on events, including oversight of operational details (hotel, travel, shipping, registration, signage, meeting room logistics, etc) as needed
- Work both internally and externally to ensure all parties adhere to deadlines and commitments in order to ensure a successful event. Continually track and document status of all projects and assignments to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Office administration responsibilities includes supporting onboarding/offboarding APAC staffs, assisting in IT support, liaising with office building management and other office administration duties as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department.