At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The purpose of this position is to support managing programs and related audience engagement. This includes coordination of programs, such as the Executive Engagement (year-round and at Global Conference) and Global Health Equity Network Communities (leading the African American, Latinx, and Women in Health IT communities) programs. Including ongoing engagement, program development, audience acquisition, sponsorship management, ongoing communication with C-Suite members, and planning of future programs. This position also supports activities, communications and deliverables for the Engagement Strategies department, Marketing department, volunteer management, annual planning & budgeting. This position reports to the VP of Engagement Strategies.
- Supports organizing the year-round Executive Engagement and Global Health Equity Network communities that includes the African American, Latinx, and Women in Health IT communities. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, project management, ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholder, managing sponsorship fulfillment, creating, and distributing monthly newsletter, managing Executive work group, GHEN task force & community calls including agenda development, meeting notes and support. Responsible for maintaining the website pages, community member recruitment, recruiting engaging webinar presenters for monthly webinars, creating slides, moderating webinars, providing content for cross promotion. Supports the overall initiatives. collaborating with staff across the enterprise.
- Support the Global Health Conference and regional member activities, which includes the Executive Summit, CXO Experience (a conference within the conference), Global Health Equity Network activities including networking receptions and meetups, and other member related events. Responsible for ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholder, managing calls including agenda development, meeting notes and support, as well as maintaining conference website content.
- Supports relationships efforts with key strategic partners and sponsors including, but not limited to member engagement, event partners, year-round executive engagement initiatives, project management of new strategy development, and researching outreach
- Assist with planning and budgeting on programs the role supports.
- Provide administrative and customer service support (i.e., manage general inboxes, field questions to appropriate staff, manage lists, reports as requested, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department.