At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
This position is to provide primary technical support to the client systems (computers, peripherals, mobile devices, printers/MFP’s, etc.) and access for HIMSS staff and external customers. The computer assets are supported and managed through the lifecycle of procurement, deployment and decommission. The role will be responsible for logging all support requests and resolutions in a ticketing/knowledge base system and following up with customers to confirm issue resolution.
- Computer hardware and software installation, troubleshooting and configuration. Telephony installation and troubleshooting. End-User support and training for HIMSS standard applications.
- Coordinate employee account provisioning responsibilities for domain and application security during the Onboard/Offboard process.
- Manage day to day end user equipment such as laptops, monitors, and docking stations.
- Expected to keep a small ready to deploy inventory at home.
- Assist in the daily administration of the asset management activities.
- Act as a “one-stop-shop” and central focal point in IT for all customer requests to be routed through. If the nature of the customer IT request is out of scope for this role, then the Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible for escalating the request to the proper IT department/individual for processing.
- Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems of users.
- Receive telephone calls from users having problems using computer software or inquiring how to use specific software, such as spreadsheet, graphics, database, printing, word processing, e- mail and operating systems.
- Plan and manage the installation of new local workstations, the upgrade of workstations and the resolution of hardware and software problems that users may create or experience on the workstations.
- Maintain the HIMSS intranet, ensure the quality and integrity of posted items and train staff on its functions and how to access and use it.
- Protect the network and individual workstations from virus contamination via an aggressive protection/detection program that includes, but is not limited to installation, maintenance and periodic updating of virus scanning software.
- Proactively monitor and assure that all workstations/laptops are running the most recent service packs and security hot-fixes (once they have been tested).
- Contact outside vendor technical support when a service issue involves out of house repair or a known product flaw that has a solution.
- Monitor unresolved problems. Communicate with supervisor and report unresolved problems.
- Educate HIMSS staff as to how to access/use their computer workstations and shared applications/devices that are available via the network