At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The purpose of the Sr. Director, Market Insights position is to develop strategies, objectives, and processes to support HIMSS global market intelligence and insight initiatives. This position is an expert on healthcare market intelligence and insights, including both primary and secondary research and analysis, and will use expertise to help shape and support HIMSS product strategies as well as HIMSS clients. This role drives sustained revenue and profitability growth through the development, execution, and delivery of new configurable and custom insight services/solutions; syndicated research initiatives, modernization or updating of existing market intelligence and insight services/solutions; designing and launching a new HIMSS member subscription solution; and enabling product marketing and sales channel support. The Sr. Director, Market Insights is responsible for leading a function that meets stakeholder needs, maturing, and developing processes and tools, and leading insight intelligence initiatives and analysis.
- Owns the strategy, innovation, design, and implementation of configurable and custom insight services/solutions, syndicated research initiatives, modernization or updating of existing market intelligence and insight services/solutions, and creation of a HIMSS member subscription solution that support annual revenue goals and growth objectives.
- Develops and leads a responsive, customer-focused market insights team, actively developing new business opportunities, and leading product development initiatives.
- Partner with product categories, as well as marketing, to drive growth and participation of the HIMSS Executive network in insights initiatives and enhance HIMSS membership value through the Market Insights product portfolio.
- Partner and develop a consultative relationship with the sales team and product category leaders to discover market insight opportunities with current and potential clients and drive revenue growth. This includes developing the methodology to meet the client’s insights objectives, partnering with the sales enablement team to develop a pricing strategy and proposals, and finally presenting the strategy to the client.
- Think strategically about challenges faced by the global healthcare market, competitive landscape, and trends. Work closely with business management and peers to identify impactful opportunities to advance business goals, address market trends, and lead the development of new premium research products.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with senior business leaders across all product and experience lines, educating them on the strategic opportunities and value of research, and driving change through influence. Identifies more effective market research practices and works with all levels of the organization to implement efficiency with a focus on improving profit margins.
- Collaborate with the HIMSS Office of Scientific research to identify cross-over potential between key research efforts, market intelligence, and insight development that demonstrates evidence of the impact implementation of technology and information has on care design, health outcomes and the patient experience.
- Drive thought leadership and build market awareness, deep marketing, and media landscape expertise. Serve as a starting point for brands to understand a path forward while reinforcing and challenging current strategy and buyer personas.
- Inform key strategic business decisions for HIMSS and its clients through the design and execution of primary research initiatives. Understands the client’s needs in the context of their broader business issue(s) and designs research to address those objectives.
- Own the department’s annual budget cycle, monitor the monthly P&L, and keep the department at a specified operating margin throughout the year.
- Be the face of HIMSS Market Insights which includes presenting at HIMSS Global Conference, being featured on podcasts, interviewed by members of the media, hosting webinars, etc. and facilitating or moderating panel discussions.