At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
** Position is located in London, with ability to work from home but should be near the office location; other possible office locations include Leipzig, Berlin or Barcelona **
The purpose of this position is to support overseeing and managing a wide variety of detailed and complex logistical tasks in relation to events throughout Europe and the Middle East either directly formulated by the association or in partnership with other organisations. In addition, this role may support our events in Asia Pacific, Latin America and our international delegations to the US Global Conference.
- Support the team with all required elements of end-to-end project planning and delivery of HIMSS’s events.
- Orchestrate logistics for EMEA events and provide support, as needed, to LATAM and APAC markets.
- Produce hotel RFPs and oversee details including contracting, room block management, and historical tracking. Oversee staff and speaker travel including VIP management.
- Create, order and implement memorable food and beverage experiences for special events and conference food functions.
- Liaise with audio visual companies to provide equipment for keynotes and session rooms based on needs outlined by the content team.
- Drive registration, evaluations/survey management, data management, mobile app for events, and digital activities for online programmes.
- Oversee exhibition logistics including show floor design and layout, liaising with stand builder, development of graphics, creation of exhibitor service manual, working with the fulfilment team to execute sponsorship benefit and customer service, and other support tasks as needed.
- Support research, RFP development and analyzation of proposals from venues and vendors for international conferences.
- Collaborate with host cities, convention bureaus and Ministries on licensing and tenders to support the needs of partner agreements.
- Continually track and document status of all projects and assignments to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Research and implement best practices to improve logistics for international events including competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and promote international events.
- Contribute to the management of the budget process for EMEA events including budget tracking.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department.