The purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership and clinical informatics expertise to the functional area of Information to inform and advance current and future nursing and other clinician-focused communities and programs. This includes (but not limited to) collaborative initiatives with external industry groups, co-sponsored initiatives, and volunteer groups including the Alliance for Nursing Informatics, the CNO-CNIO Vendor Roundtable, nursing and physician informatics committees and communities, clinical informatics programs, research and projects, and ANA/AMA collaborations.
- Identify and Devise Informatics Strategies: Serve as a licensed professional and strategic advisor to identify and analyze market trends and devise nursing and clinical informatics strategies, including research and program areas, policy and advocacy, leveraging clinical informatics expertise, industry relationships and strong customer service.
- Assess Trends and Advance Innovation: Identify and assess emerging technologies and translate to organizational and functional strategies. Advance innovation by presenting alternative strategies to partners, volunteers and staff.
- Strategic Collaboration Management: Represent the Society’s nursing and clinical informatics efforts to external organizations and facilitate collaborations, applying the highest level of interpersonal skill for critical outreach and interaction with peers, individuals and groups.
- Assess, Advise and Recommend Communities. Utilize available resources to assess and advise nursing and clinical informatics communities and recommend future communities, programs and activities to advance the goals of the Society.
- Internal Enterprise efforts: As appropriate, contribute to thought leadership efforts identified within the Enterprise.