The purpose of this position is to develop and drive revenues and relationships in a geographic and/or a named account territory. The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for selling the full portfolio of integrated marketing solutions across all of HIMSS Media products and services, to their assigned territory, by growing and managing established accounts, while building out and developing new accounts.
The successful candidate will employ a consultative sales approach, sell strategies and solutions, vs. products, and understand current digital marketing strategies and best practices, and how to apply them within a data enriched media environment. Candidates must be able to perform a thorough needs analysis, and map client needs to our solutions effectively to build campaign strategies that achieve client’s goals. Candidates must also employ ability to build and maintain confidence and trust throughout the sales process – from discovery to campaign recommendations to reporting and analysis, renewal and upsell.
- Create and drive revenue through existing relationships, professional networking and dedicated prospecting
- Achieve if not exceed budgeted revenue goals monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Based on indepth effective client discovery, map HMG solutions to client goals and budgets effectively.
- Effectively create, deliver and present recommendations on how to best utilize HIMSS Media’s suite of products via f2f, phone and online discussions.
- Launch new media programs and solutions within the market, educating customers on HIMSS Media’s full capabilities, and bringing in product specialists when needed to drive revenue growth.
- Discover and map all relevant budgets within client organizations. (Marketing, PR, Social, Content Creation, Events, Demand Gen - Public and Private - Product Budgets, etc.)
- Develop and execute an annual/quarterly/monthly business plan to meet goals and business objectives for growth across all assigned solutions and products
- Identify key clients we are not doing business with and develop a contact strategy that results in needs analysis and new business opportunities.
- Schedule and conduct face to face sales calls and phone calls as needed to drive revenue.
- Use Salesforce daily to track client communications and activity
- Accurately manage and project a sales pipeline using Salesforce.
- Responsible for developing a strategy to communicate to all accounts in assigned territory that are exhibiting at the HIMSS Annual Conference, presenting media opportunities aligned with the conference effectively to secure sales revenue.
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of the time to assigned territory (as outlined above).
- Work to create engaged relationships with senior level decision makers within clients, vs. gatekeepers or just the agency
- Identify all sales and marketing related budgets and decision makers within key client organizations as they relate to Healthcare IT vertical audiences and products – for example: branding, lead generation, corporate marketing, F2F events, social media, content marketing, sales enablement, PR, product promotion, new product launches, research, etc.
- Work to uncover and identify new opportunities within the market for HIMSS Media, based on client intel and feedback share with VP of Media Sales.