The Head of Media leads the global media products organization to deliver the goals and objectives of the organization through increased revenue, diversification of media products and services, editorial oversight and cross enterprise product alignment.
The things that you will tackle:
- Provide leadership to the global Media teams (editorial, client and project management, marketing solutions, and related media operations).
- Support collaboration and planning within the Product Function and across other functions to provide the strategic direction and effective resource planning.
- Effectively communicate and cascade group strategy and priorities within the group and across the cross-functional functions.
- Directly responsible for substantial HIMSS operations in the areas of revenue growth focused on digital editorial content, custom content, and key collaborations focused on educational content. Has oversight of content development and delivery, advertising operations, digital distribution solutions, creative services, and a prime stakeholder in audience development.
- Manages business relationships with key suppliers and vendors to ensure media products and services meet current and evolving standards of quality and cost effectiveness. Negotiates agreements and contracts with vendors and service providers in accordance with HIMSS policies. Maintain service contracts and internal communication and compliance processes.
- Directs and is responsible for all fiscal operations of Media, including, but not limited to, budget preparation, revenue generation and recognition, expense control, cash receipts and disbursements, and financial reporting.
- Directs and is responsible for all staff operations of Media.
- Ensures the appropriate level of confidentiality and security is maintained with respect to all HIMSS Media products and assets, historical documents, customer records, and mailing lists.
- Directs the ideation, planning, designing, and with necessary leadership and advisory approvals, implementation of products and services that are focused on revenue growth and consistent with and in support of HIMSS’ mission, goals, and objectives.
- Advise product leadership and board of managers on key planning issues and recommendations on important industry trends and internal business decisions.
- Develop and maintain ongoing business plans to continue to grow HIMSS Media.
- Build, develop, and lead the global media team.
- Regularly review team’s performance – identifying strengths and opportunities to develop an efficient global team.
- Support the overall HIMSS employee-experience within the group and Product function but also recognizing others across the organization and ensuring alignment to the overall HIMSS employee-experience philosophy.
- Directs and coordinates the activities associated with the development, delivery, maintenance and enhancement of all existing Media products and services including, but not limited to revenue growth, virtual and in person events, high volume digital content development and distribution, custom content solutions, video and education.
- Coordinate and align with HIMSS Media Advisory panel(s) globally.