This position is the Finance Business Partner for assigned Support Service Areas and serves as the primary point of contact for all accounting and finance matters. As the Financial Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis, the key roles and responsibilities for this position include providing regular reporting and analysis for assigned Support Service areas, consisting of monthly financial reports and analyses of other major business metrics and drivers of business and how it is tracking against key initiatives. Supporting the Company’s business planning and forecasting activities by monitoring key expense drivers and financial performance and ensuring alignment with strategic and operational priorities. Assist with the month-end close process.
- Assist in the preparation of all recurring finance activities including development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts; provide both operational and strategic financial support to help facilitate decision making for assigned Support Services
- Ensure financial information (budget vs. actual) is provided in an accurate and timely manner, present key insights or trends that require attention and enables budget owners to effectively manage their budgets
- Support forecasting process by gathering and compiling various data sets, analyzing trends, analyzing variances and current performance metrics, and partnering with department leadership to obtain key assumptions
- Contribute to building an FP&A function that pro-actively identifies business trends and risks to budget; i.e., use historical information to inform decisions about the future
- Listen closely and ask questions to ensure complete understanding of any issue or question-at-hand in order to provide the most concise and accurate reporting/analysis
- Work closely with the accounting team to assist with the monthly financial close process
- Work with finance management on special projects as required
- Manage and triangulate large amounts of data into useable reporting and analysis
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to synthesize complex and detailed data into meaningful insights.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply forecasting techniques to evaluate business goals
- Articulates views in a clear and concise manner.
- Anticipates questions and prepares appropriate responses or answers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented to ensure deliverables are submitted in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently
- Business Service Team Members
- Accounting Team Members