The purpose of this position is to perform skilled accounting duties in support of department objectives. Safeguard the assets of HIMSS by providing and/or adhering to immediate and long-term internal controls. Work to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the Board and Executive team.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Investigate any reconciling items and propose journal entries as needed. Assist in the preparation of audit work papers and review of annual financial statements.
- Participate in monthly and annual general ledger closing process to ensure accurate financial statements. This includes making month end journal entries, performing financial analysis and gathering feedback from internal business partners related to their budget variances.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and analyses as assigned.
- Record journal entries for activity, accruals, reclasses, transfers, adjustments, allocations, etc.
- Prepare and file Sales/Use and Personal Property Tax Filings for multiple states.
- Work closely with the Finance team on implementing improvements to financial accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with other groups and departments to accomplish goals and resolve issues.
- Support the team in special projects.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for use by management in decision making.
- Provide additional analytical support to internal business partners.
- All duties as assigned to achieve HIMSS goals and objectives.
- Assist with the development of new processes, systems and/or policies (from an accounting/controls perspective) as needed by the business to support growth, and business change.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives
- Has contact with all business owners and others that have responsibility for interacting with the finance department. This position will interact with internal clients primarily through the Finance customer service support system to provide timely customer service.
- Has contact with HIMSS clients to provide customer service regarding finance activities such as research and receipts. Has contact with the outside audit and tax firm. This position will occasionally work at HIMSS conferences and interact with conference registrants.