This position is responsible for marketing strategy, integrated marketing communications (IMC) long-term planning, market analysis, brand positioning, content marketing, event promotion, advertising, email marketing, social media direction and web site development for key HIMSS initiatives to drive revenue and growth. This is a critical function within HIMSS in that it furthers our business objectives and ensures our continued competitive advantage and success within the marketplace.
- Develop strategies and integrated marketing plans and lead campaign execution to support the HIMSS mission as well as revenue, growth and engagement goals for Global Conference, Accelerate Health, Clinical Informatics, Nursing and Physician initiatives, Interoperability Showcase and other initiatives as assigned.
- Develop and execute a digital and social strategy for audience engagement based on company and brand objectives, long-term goals and capabilities. Oversee and contribute to the development, testing and refinement of digital engagement programs.
- Manage IMC processes and activities needed to achieve goals as identified in strategic plans, including email, website, SEO and social media. Collaborate and coordinate with Media and other HIMSS stakeholders as necessary to achieve results.
- Manage internal resources, contractors and external resources to achieve goals, including internal EMC team members and external creative services providers necessary to complete promotional deliverables.
- Measure and report performance for digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals. Leverage third party tools such as Google Analytics to generate assessments, performance and effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Build consensus among business owners, outside collaborators and other team stakeholders on branding, marketing approach, timing and budget.
- Contribute to budgets and manage expenses so as to meet program business objectives while also maintaining quality and effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies and opportunities and pilot new programs. Share best practices from current projects and/or outside training with team.
- Effectively employ marketing tools, including Wrike, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics, to manage projects, develop effective audience engagement and identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department.