The purpose of this position is to create compelling content that will engage their audience, enhance the reputation of the brand, and add value to the HIMSS global membership. The Editor will support the Managing Editor of Innovation and Pharma in running and growing editorial products related to Innovation and Pharma, including the MobiHealthNews website and newsletter. TheEditor will take point on working with freelancers and possibly internal resources to fill out the site and newsletters.Preferred location is Cambridge, MA.
- Monitor primary and secondary sources to track subject specific news.
- Pitch and write news and enterprise stories.
- Keep track of trends in the industry and write enterprise pieces that explore or reference those trends.
- Edit freelancers’ and peers’ work to ensure that it is accurate and meets editorial standards and style guidelines.
- Source and edit contributed content and liaise with contributors.
- Support the launch of new HIMSS content-based products and services, including multimedia content and editorial newsletters.
- Write and report high-quality original content, including articles, videos, and podcasts.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Engage in public activities, such as moderating panels and contributing to our live and digital events businesses. Maintain an onscreen presence with HIMSS TV.
- Travel to events and attend local events to cover or participate.
- Take on delegated tasks from the ME as assigned, including, potentially, ownership of narrative newsletters, podcasts, or video series.